AKA Armour Cut
This is a horizontal cutting parry which comes from below to parry hight attacks with the long edge. The movement is an agressive advancing one so that the fencer can come up beneath the blade close enough to counter attack.
There are two methods of executing the attack.
- The opponent attacks with a high strike.
- The fencer gathers forward under the strike, bringing the dussack up horizontally from below to collect the attack such that the point of their horizontal weapon is out to the right.
- From here, cut to the openings as normal.
The other version has a left facing blade and uses a kind of half-swording.
- The fencer stands in Eber, the opponent cuts from above
- The fencer gathers in coming up with both arms, the back of the dussack lying flat along the left forearm, angled out to the left.
- From the parry thrust the right side of their blade at their head/torso.
- As they wipe this away, back step and cut around to the opponents upper left opening.