Continuous diagonals from above
From Scholar Victoria
Continuous strikes in place through the diagonals from above, alternating long/short edge.
- Left foot forward Posture, left lead hand, Oberhut at the left shoulder.
- Diagonal strike down to Mittelhut (no step).
- Continue down to Unterhut on right.
- Turning right draw back to reverse Steurhut in a rear weighted Posture.
- Bring staff over with false edge in a loop to come into high thrusting Oberhut which strikes from above with the false edge (or hook of the halberd), in a front weighted Posture.
- Bring staff point down into Steurhut
- Turn the hips left in a cross step Posture and draw the staff back into reverse Nebenhut
- Bring staff back up to Oberhut at the left shoulder.
- Continue the strikes through repeatedly.
These movements should be smooth and continuous.