Alternating high/low strike
From Scholar Victoria
A common strike and parry action which cuts along a diagonal axis, then cuts back up with the rear edge on the same axis.
- Left leg forward, Oberhut at the left shoulder.
- Strike diagonally down with a Gathering Step forward to Mittelhut, extending well out in the cut.
- Continue the movement to Unterhut on the right.
- Strike diagonally up from below with the false edge, Gathering Step forward to Mittelhut
- Continue the movement to Oberhut at the left shoulder.
This can be changed in order so the low strike up comes first followed by the downward strike.